WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

PROVERBS 3:11-12

My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction; For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son whom he delights....

These verses tell us not to be unhappy or to be upset or angry when the Lord corrects us, that it only means he loves us. Why is it that we fight this just as a child does a punishment from a parent, EVEN THOUGH we know it is for our own good??

How many times did I say to one of my kids that I "didn't want" to punish them, or that the easier thing to do was to just let them go and do whatever it is they wanted to do?? If I didn't love them as much as I did, there was MANY MANY times I would have done just that too...It took diligence and hard work to carry through and apply consequences to bad behavior, and unfortunately I wasn't always diligent. Especially when they would do something over and over again. Much easier to just throw in the towel, and let them go. How many times did I think though, "if I let them get away with this, I will do them absolutely no favors in the long run." They have to learn there is ALWAYS consequences for bad choices...How many times though did I resort to screaming and anger?? How many times did I just look the other way because it was simpler?? How many chances did I lose to teach them the things they NEEDED to know??

I am sure that the Lord has thought the very same thing about us many times. His love for us is greater than any love any parent has ever had for their own child. Over and over again He has had to remind me of the consequences of sin. How happy this really makes me when I think about it this way, that He DOESN'T give up or give in. His love is not limited to human error and frailty....He continues to chastise me because He loves me just that much, in all His perfection and thoroughness....How grateful I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment