WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

COLOSSIANS 3:2

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth....


This is such a short and simple verse, but there is nothing short and simple about it...In order to live a truly Christian life we must try to "set" on our minds on heaven and the Lord, and not on everything here on earth....much easier said than done especially in the world we live in today where sooo many things demand our attention and focus...However, here are a few practical things we can do to try and put our minds "IN CHRIST"....

1. Spend some time EVERYDAY in the Word....this one is listed first because I think it is the most important. If we don't fill our minds with His Word, how will we ever really know Him, or dwell on things about Him??

2. By spending time in prayer....conversations DAILY with the Lord...

3. By spending time with things that build us up in God, instead of merely entertaining ourselves....this is something we ALL do everyday at some point in the day....or "I" certainly do anyway....how much better off would I be if I gave just a small portion of that time to reading His Word, or reading other books that teach me things of God, or listening to radio messages, listening to uplifting praise and worship music and joining in etc.?? WHY do I fight this?? Any time in my life where I have gotten into this mind set, the happier I am....funny thing huh??

4. By gathering with others who love the Lord and spend time talking about what God is doing in your life etc.?? I think this is also very important...

Again, if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this, please join in....

No comments:

Post a Comment