WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Friday, June 12, 2009

EPHESIANS 5:1-2

Therefore be imitators of God as dear children...And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma...


This is really pretty self explanatory, we are to pattern ourselves after Jesus, use Him as our example of how to live our lives..Kids usually don't have to be taught to imitate their parents, it is just something they do...I remember when Joe was young he so wanted to be like his dad he did everything he could to "copy" him..and that included of course dressing like he did. He would put on his little Easter jacket (which I had to cut in the back so it looked just like daddy's) and get his little brief case and pretend he was going off to work...think of how much better off we would be if we imitated Christ just that carefully...we could then live our lives loving those around us and giving of ourselves just as He did for us....I'd like to think I might be a "sweet-smelling aroma" and not a foul-reeking stench...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment