WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

MATTHEW 16:24-26

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?


In order for us to really live the Christian life and follow after Jesus and His ways, it is TOTALLY necessary for us to completely die to ourselves and deny our "fleshly" desires...Talk about not easy....this is NEVER easy and of course goes against our human nature. We all want what we want if you know what I mean. Indulging ourselves in every aspect of our lives is what most human beings are all about if we are being honest. To put that aside and follow after Jesus is the ONLY way to really save our own lives for eternity...What good is ANYTHING really here on this earth if in the end when we stand before Him, we are told to depart from Him as He didn't know us?? Nothing I can think of that's for sure...I love to read these verses when I think compromise is what needs to be done in a situation...and remember what it is that is really at stake....Do I belong to Him, or do I not?? What is important in the long run, and what is not?? I want to stand before Him some day and have Him say, "Well done my good and faithful servant" I know that is somewhere in the Bible, haha, I will look it up perhaps for tomorrows daily scripture...

No comments:

Post a Comment