WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

PSALMS 1:1-2

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night....

These verses are full of simple yet profound truths....A "happy or contented" man is the one who does all the things he has to do to live a Godly life. He does not listen to the advice of the ungodly or often times the popular beliefs the world has to offer...he does not go down the same road that sinners do...he chooses the less populated road that is narrow and less traveled....nor does he sit and criticize the Christians and their way of life, making fun of them, and mocking them....But his true "delight" or pleasure or joy or happiness, comes from KNOWING the Word of God and meditating on it ALWAYS AND AT ALL TIMES.....

It's funny how many people search and search for happiness and peace and never find it...They look in all the wrong places....Money and riches, worldly successes and accomplishments, personal pleasures and even love and relationships...and where some of things can bring about some happiness, it never lasts, and can fail us at anytime. But the Bible tells us flat out where to find true happiness and contentment and lasting joy...and that is in His Word and knowing Him, dwelling and meditating and on Him at all times...filling our lives with this...and keeping away from all that's not....

No comments:

Post a Comment