WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

EPHESIANS 6:10-13

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

I remember these verses especially when the kids were going to school as at one time or another they all had to memorize these verses (and the ones that come after them describing in detail just what God's armor consists of)....I can still hear their little voices saying these verses....They are some of the best advice we can receive in the Bible on how to live our lives after we belong to Him...One thing we can count on is it will never be easy to live the Christian life. We are under constant attack by the enemy and there is a very real spiritual battle going AT ALL TIMES. We need to be ready at all times, strong in Him, fighting against the enemy with everything we've got...We would never go into a physical war unprepared and unarmed....and a spiritual battle is no different...we must REALLY know Him, know His Word, be prepared to use everything He gives us...pray constantly and stand firm and strong....the Lord wins the battle in the end, but we must be prepared to fight along the way...

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL relaxing week-end....I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment