WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

PHILLIPIANS 4:6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God..and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus..

As someone who has suffered from anxiety all of my life, this has always been one of my favorite verses that comes with a promise...I love the ones that come with a promise...God tells us here to "Be anxious for NOTHING"..and it means just that...not that it is OK to be anxious or worried about the big things, or some things (that anyone might be worried over right?) but quite literally NOTHING....easier said than done right?? But here is what we are told to do.....in EVERYTHING, by praying and asking God, thanking Him always for everything, WE TELL HIM WHAT WE NEED OR WANT....AND (here comes the promise!) God's peace that's is beyond anything on this earth we can imagine or understand or dream of, will stand guard (again quite literally) over our hearts and minds....How wonderous is this?? I LOVE LOVE LOVE these verses..some of my all time favorites.....I can tell you with a complete honesty that I have experienced this peace from God many times in my life. Times when I shouldn't have any peace at all it would seem. It truly is indescribable....and it isn't something I have to wonder about rather or not it is His will for me, or to somehow be good enough or worthy enough to experience, it is PROMISED to me, by Almighty God Himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment