WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

MATTHEW 28:5-8

But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid for I know you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for He risen, as He said. Come, see the place where He lay. And go quickly and tell the disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed is going before you into Galilee, there you will see Him. Behold I have told you. So they went out quickly with great fear and joy, and ran to bring His disciples word....

Our Christianity is based on this fact....He is risen!! Jesus's resurrection from the dead is proof that His death was an actual propitiation for sin, and that the Father accepted it as such. The cross was the payment, the resurrection was the receipt, proving that the payment was fully accepted...These women were blessed to be the very first who would bring this news to others. How exciting for them. This is the most important day in the life of a Christian to celebrate. May we all remember the price that was paid for us, and celebrate this day with joy in our hearts.....we have an AWESOME God.....HAPPY EASTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment