WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

MARK 12:29-31

Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is: "Hear, Oh Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your with all your heart, with all your soul, and with your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this...You shall love your neighbor as yourself..There is no greater commandment than these...

It is very easy to see from these verses that what God really wants from us is love. First for Him, and then for each other...seems pretty simple, but somehow it's not...in order to live a successful Christian life, we must be obedient at least in these two areas. If we REALLY love Him, we will be obedient in other areas as well. That's why we must FIRST love Him....

No comments:

Post a Comment