WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 20, 2009

LEVITICUS 11:45

For I am the Lord who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy...

The Lord has brought us all out of our lives outside of Him (which is in essence "our" Egypt) in order to be our God. He has redeemed us for Himself, so we must therefore (as a result) be holy, for He is holy. The Christian life could be summed up in this one statement....to be mimics or imitators of Christ..The more we know God, the more we understand who He wants us to be...so the primary pursuit of any believer is to know Him...(Philippians 3:10) The only way we can ever hope to really achieve KNOWING God, is to study His character as it is revealed to us through the scriptures....

How wonderous is it really to think that we have God's actual words telling us straight out how we should live our lives. It isn't something we have to wonder about, it is all there for us to study and know everyday. If we WANT to know Him is really more the question. It is my prayer recently to know God more and more, and my heart is blessed knowing that He has totally revealed Himself to His through His Word..

No comments:

Post a Comment