WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ROMANS 12:9-10

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another..

If we don't love without hypocrisy we don't really love at all. True Christian or Godly love is just that. "Godly" love...to love like He does, with no reservations, no "self" involvement, nothing to personally gain. It can only really be accomplished by the Holy Spirit loving and living through us. I have seen from personal experience many, many times unfortunately just what I am capable of doing left to myself. It has to be a daily prayer for me to love others as He would. We must truly hate what is evil and love what is good. That sounds pretty simple and easy, but again, easier said than done. Our own in-born natures fight this daily...we must give God control in every area in order to accomplish this...to be kindly affectionate with each other with a brotherly love, suggests to me that we are not to be cold or stand offish or even just merely polite and accepting to each other, but caring and warm, involved, and supportive. Giving preference to one another means that we will have genuine humility and will not "think of yourselves more highly than we ought to think" (Romans 12:3). It means you will give honor to fellow Christians and take the initiative to put them first. You will not flatter another believer merely in the hope of having the compliment returned or to gain favor with them. Instead, we would express to them real appreciation, respect, and love as a fellow member of the family of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment