WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

JOHN 3:16-17

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life...For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved...

I can't believe that I have been doing these daily scriptures for as long as I have, and have not done what has got to be one of the most well known Bible verses...The gospel of Jesus Christ is pretty much summed up in these verses...God so loved the world (and all of us) that WHILE we were still part of the world, WHILE we were yet sinners, He gave us the most precious gift He had to give, that of His own Son. His free and most precious gift has only to be accepted and believed by us, in order for us to have everlasting life. Seems too simple...and yet there it is....God did not send His Son to condemn us and leave us in our sins, but for the sole reason of saving us from what we deserve. How could it possibly get any better than this?? Obviously I love these verses and were definitely the first I ever memorized years and years ago. I have a hard time sometimes imagining a love this large and overwhelming and perfect, and yet, there it is for anyone who wants it and believes...

No comments:

Post a Comment