WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

1 CORINTHIANS 13:13

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love...

In the verses prior to this verse Paul is talking about spiritual gifts and the importantance of them. However he tells us, that NO spiritual gift is as important in the Christian life, and are really nothing more than a distraction, without faith, hope and love. And that love is the most important of these 3 things, and without which everything else we might do as Christians is really both empty and meaningless. God IS love....Love will continue to grow even in our eternal state...Once we are in heaven, we will no longer need faith, we will see Jesus face to face, we will no longer need hope, as Jesus will have already come for us, but we will still love the Lord, and each other, and it will grow for all eternity.

Jesus tell us that "they" (the world) will know we are Christians by our love for one another (John 13:35) Genuine love is so integral to the Christian life, that if we claim to follow Jesus, we MUST be able to demonstrate this love in order for our faith to be believable.

This verse, though simple and small, says soooo much. Love IS really what it is all about....

No comments:

Post a Comment