WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

MATTHEW 7:7-8

Ask, and it will be given to you, seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you....For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks, finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened...

These verses seem to be some of the first every Christian seems to learn....it sounds so simple....ask, seek, and knock, and it will be given to you....persistently seems to be the key here...ask, and then diligently seek, and then literally knock at God's door....and He WILL answer!! God obviously wants us to be persistent and passionate about what we are asking Him. Not just a quick prayer about something in passing. I think the key some of us forget sometimes is that it is not always the answer we are looking for...and that can be hard. We must pray according to His will and in His name. This was part of what the preacher on Sun was talking about. The only way we can pray according to His will, and in His name, is to REALLY know Him....and the only way to REALLY know Him, is to REALLY know His Word. We must be in the Word EVERY day....It must be so familiar to us that there is really no doubt what He has to say about everything....it should be THE most important part of our day, and one we NEVER skip or put off, or do in such a way as to just get it done quickly.....then, we will begin to really know Him, and then praying according to His will will come easier, and we will get our answers....

No comments:

Post a Comment