WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A FUTURE AND A HOPE..

Today is Spiritual Sunday and it is again time to visit every blog that you can to inspire and uplift you with soo many wonderful posts from some truly loving hearts that have much to share about God's work and blessings in their lives.  You can find them HERE.  Many thanks to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting this wonderful event.

Jeremiah 29:4 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope....



This last Thursday afternoon, Nov. 19, 2009 my niece Michelle gave birth to her second daughter, Priscilla Jane. How adorable is that name? She weighed in at 8 pounds 3 ounces, and is 20 inches long.   I was privileged to be IN the delivery room. What a wonderful miracle it is to witness the birth of a baby. I've been blessed with this experience 7 times now, not counting my own 4 children of course, and yet there will never be anything ordinary about this everyday occurence.  The joy and celebration that filled the air as that baby made her appearance into this world was as overwhelming as it always is. Tears flowed as we thanked God for her safe arrival. We had gotten little to no sleep the night before as the labor had been long and difficult. As I was finally driving home I felt the urge to sleep washing over me and yet, my mind was busy thinking and wondering of what all might be in store for this precious new little life. What did God have planned for her I wondered? Who would she look like? What little personality traits would be unique to her? And as I was dwelling on these things, this verse from Jeremiah came to my heart and mind. God thoughts too are on this sweet girl and they are for peace and all that is good and not evil. His plans are to give her a future and a hope.

This has always been one of my all time favorite verses. I just LOVE it. There is just something so humbling about knowing that Almighty God Himself, considers us, and has thoughts for our good, that He considers our future and wants us to have and experience His perfect peace and hope.  No matter what is going on in our life, no matter rather it seems like it or not, we are in God's thoughts.  He has plans for us.  He considers our futures.  I don't know about any of you, but I find SUCH GREAT comfort in this truth. 

The women's Bible study group that meets at my house on Friday mornings has claimed this verse as our own.  God's thoughts are always on us, and they are for our futures and our hopes.   All of the ladies in this group having been praying for little Priscilla since the moment her life was made known.  We have covered her in a blanket of prayer, and praise and thank God for His mercies and love that have brought Michelle safely through her pregancy and delivery and rejoice over this gift of life.

I want to thank God today for the safe arrival of Priscilla Jane, and to welcome this little bundle into our family with love and joy. May she grow strong and healthy, and may she know a relationship with Jesus as soon as she is able to.  May she do mighty things for His Kingdom as she grows to be all she can be.  May the Lord bless her and keep her and make His face to shine upon her now and forever more.

Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Psalm 127:4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth.


 
Look at that dimple!!





No comments:

Post a Comment