WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

MARK 12:30-31

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these....

The New Testament books make it very clear that believers are to love God with everything that is within us...I believe that a sincere love for God is the first mark of genuine saving faith...We know this because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us when we were saved..(Romans 5:5). It isn't surprising then that Paul lists love as the first aspect of the fruit of the Spirit.(Galatians 5:22)... We have decisions and choices to be made...to live our lives loving God first and above all and everything else, and to love others as much as we love ourselves. Again, sounds simple and easy, but only with the help of the Holy Spirit, will it ever be done...

I am sorry I have been a bit lax on the daily scriptures....time has just gotten away from me recently, but I will try and do better...PLEASE at any time anyone else would like to jump in and share what the Lord has been teaching them, I for one would love to hear it...I know you have stuff, so please share....

No comments:

Post a Comment