WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

HE WILL DIRECT OUR PATHS

 Proverbs 3 5 - 6  Trust in the Lord with all your heart. And lean not on your own understanding..In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths....

Today is Spiritual Sunday and I had already decided not to participate this week as my usually quiet house is full of family, as we have gathered to celebrate Christmas.  Not much time to spend on the computer.  But as I was doing my devotional this morning, I came across this verse, and felt I just HAD to share what the Lord has shown me this morning.

 For those of you who follow my blog at all know, Melody arrived on Thursday night to spend this week-end with us, as she and her husband are unable to come for Christmas this year.  Her brothers decided that rather than celebrate without her we would just escalate things and celebrate on the 19th with our traditional Christmas Day dinner and gift exchange.  This created a problem or two with me at first, and yet it wasn't long and I was completely "on board" with this plan.  Melody and I had many things planned for Friday, to include that evening going to the Candlight Pavillion for our anual fun dinner and a Christmas play.  We have been doing this every year since she was 3 years old.  Again, if you follow my blog at all you know, I am BIG on tradition and SLOW to change.  For at least a couple of weeks now I have been looking forward to not only our gathering on Saturday with the whole family, but also to Friday and "my day" with Mel.  These kind of days have become rare now as she has moved away, and when she does visit she is torn in so many different directions trying to visit and spend time with other family members and friends, it is hard to get much alone time with her.  But this visit was to be different as she had set aside the WHOLE day to spend doing the things we love to do together.  Shopping, lunching out, some baking, and mainly of course hours of uninterrupted time in sweet conversation.  BUT!!  When I awoke at 2:00 am on Friday morning it was not in excited anticipation of my day as I had planned, but sicker than I can remember being in quite some time.  Yes, I had the stomach flu.  The one sickness I just can't seem to fake it and just "move along as best you can" as I have always told my kids.  I was barely able to make it from my bed to the bathroom ALL DAY LONG, let alone any thing else I had planned.  I couldn't believe it was happening was all I could think of when I managed to think of anything at all besides how sick I felt.  Melody was there to "play nurse" which was my first thing I managed to be thankful for, and to do all the necessary shopping I needed STILL to do, which included 2 presents that were still left to buy.  But as the day wore on and I only became sicker (if that was possible) I began to except that our anual Christmas play was not to happen as well.  The tickets are non-refundable, not that going another night was a possibility anyway.  So that night my husband and Mel headed off with my middle son who filled in my spot and I layed at home sipping water and watching the Preacher's wife.  Not exactly what I had planned.  I will be honest with you all and tell you I was not only HUGELY disappointed, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, and wondering just what the Lord had in mind "allowing" me to get this sickness at this particular time.  Yesterday morning I woke feeling soo much better I decided I might actually be able to function through the busy day ahead.  It did turn out to be a wonderful day.  I will tell you it was mainly do the fact that I have been blessed with such a wonderful family.  My husband not only COMPLETELY did the whole dinner (with some help from Mel and my grandson JD haha) himself, and it was WONDERFUL, he also did all the little things he just knew I would want done as well.  Got all my beautiful Christmas dinner dishes out, and cleaned and spent pretty much the whole day running around taking care of the things I would have usually done.  The grand kids all were excited and we all enjoyed ourselves just being together.  Both of my daughter in laws jumped right in to help out cleaning up etc., and I just kind of sat around chatting and visiting with everyone.  Everything may not have been like I had planned out, in fact far from it, but it was wonderful just the same.  This morning I woke up early and I am feeling almost totally myself.  I began reading my Bible and praying about this day and this verse in Proverbs practically jumped off the page at me.  Trust in the Lord with all of your heart...(even when you just really don't understand) lean not on your own understanding (even when all you can say is WHY Lord) in ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He WILL direct your paths.  I am still not totally sure why the Lord let this happen but one thing I am very sure of.  Nothing happens by chance.  Maybe it was just to show me that sometimes I can lean on the others in my family to get things done and do them well, or maybe it was just so I might see and appreciate how much I am loved and blessed.   But this truth became very clear again to me this morning.  He WILL direct my path.  The pages of my life are being written by Almighty God Himself, and I will put my trust in Him.  Today is our LARGE extended family gathering today at my sisters house.  I am looking forward to it.  I am grateful it is today and not yesterday as I don't know if I could have made the long drive yesterday.  I have NO IDEA what this day might hold.  But I have comnitted it all to Him and trust He will work out all the details.  He WILL direct my path.  Here are a few pictures of our day yesterday.  Yes, my husband and Mel took several pictures for me KNOWING I would want to share them with you.  ENJOY.... I will not get the chance to get around and visit the other blogs who participate in this as I can hear the beginnings of people stirring,  But I will be by in the next couple of days or so.  To enjoy this posts, you can click HERE.  I pray that you all have a blessed day, and that we all remember to acknowledge Him in all we do.


ALL READY



THE BEAUTIFUL TABLE

JD HELPING GRANDPA



ENJOYING A SNACK BEFORE DINNER...JOHN'S FAMOUS CHEESE DIP



THE KIDS MAKING MUSIC,HAHA



SOO EXCITED



MEL'S GIFT FROM JIM



BABIES WERE SOO TIRED FOR POSING NOW AND GRANDMA WASN'T LOOKING EITHER, HAHA



ALL THE GIRLS IN THEIR CHRISTMAS JAMMIES



HOW CUTE ARE THEY?

I did this soo fast there was no time to check for errors, haha, PLEASE excuse any if you find them...

No comments:

Post a Comment