WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

JOHN 19: 28-30

After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I thirst!" Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on a hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit...

Today being Good Friday, I decided to read over the scriptures covering the crucifixion...Jesus's death on the cross was the fulfillment of all that was necessary for our salvation. He did so willing as an ultimate act of love for us. He had accomplished what He had come here to do. I have heard it taught that Jesus took the wetting of His lips with the wine so that He could say clearly for all to hear...."It is finished." Meaning just that, EVERYTHING He needed to do for our salvation was finished. He bowed His head, which suggests He did so peacefully, and "gave up" His spirit...meaning no one took it from Him, He willing did it for us...It is hard for me sometimes to really get my head around what He really did for me personally. And that if I had been the only one who needed Him to do so, He would have done it anyway...it is just downright overwhelming...He BECAME sin itself during that period on the cross, and separated Himself from the God the Father, so that I might be saved from what I truly deserve....love just doesn't get any greater than that....

No comments:

Post a Comment