WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Monday, June 22, 2009

PSALM 119:11

Your Word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You...

The only way to reprogram our minds with God's righteousness is to read, study, and meditate on the Word of God. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16) So if we are Christians, and we submit to the Holy Spirit as we study Scripture, we will have a reprogrammed mind that focuses on God's righteousness and helps us live accordingly..

If we memorize scriptures, and keep them safely in our hearts, I believe when we need them most God will bring them to our minds, helping us to live our lives right and to not sin...The Lord has been impressing on my mind recently the importance (for my own benefit) of really knowing and meditating on His Word. This verse just sums that all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment