WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Friday, July 3, 2009

2 CORINTHIANS 5:9

Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him...

There are some opportunities for pleasing God that we will only have while present in these bodies here on earth. When we get to heaven, there will no longer be the need for faith, no more need for endurance through trials, no more need for courage and boldness in telling others about Jesus. But now, while we are present in these bodies, it is our only opportunity in all eternity to please God in these areas.

I wonder sometimes if I am truly pleasing Him with my life in all I not only do, but what I think?? If Jesus is truly our Savior and our Lord, then the deepest desires of our hearts will be to serve and please Him...and that desire will be expressed in a longing for holiness and a pattern of righteous living...It won't be caught up in trying to please everyone else around me. I have certainly learned over the years that it never quite happens anyway...Pleasing God must be our goal...

My heart DOES long to please Him, and to do what is right. How often I fail is not what matters most to Him. How grateful I am for that...He alone knows my heart and my desire...

No comments:

Post a Comment