WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

MATTHEW 17:20

If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say this to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you...

There is nothing in this life too large for God...No problem so complex, no energy so strong or force so overwhelming that it can't be controlled by Almighty God. If we don't truly believe our prayers will be effectual, then they won't be...It's just that simple, and yet that profound. Webster describes the word faith as "unquestioning belief that does not require proof or evidence, unquestioning belief in God, a religion or a system of religious beliefs, anything believed, complete trust, confidence or reliance." Hebrews 11:1 tells us that "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." A few verses later it tells us that without faith it is impossible to please God...

What does all this mean? To me it means I must live my life in complete dependence and faith in a mighty God who can do anything at all. No matter how large, or even no matter how small. I must move forward in confidence KNOWING that my very life is in His hands and He will care for me. I simply must BELIEVE, ask and then trust. The faith that we must have is a faith that has more to do with what kind of faith it is than with how much faith there is. A small amount of faith - as much as a mustard seed (a very small seed) - can accomplish great things, if that small amount of faith is placed in a great and mighty God.

Looking back over all of my yesterdays, I remember so many times how scripture has gotten me through the storms of life...Every difficult physical, mental, financial, and spiritual time I have experienced, He was always right there to see me through. Sometimes it took me longer than others to remember that fact and look for Him and ask for what I needed. But when I finally did, He was there. The enemy ALWAYS tries to blind us to God's truths. But with faith, we know we are never alone. In Christ, we have everything we need to be victorious in the battles of life....

Ask, and it shall be given to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment