WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Monday, July 27, 2009

SPIRIT OF LOVELINESS MARK 4:19

The worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful...

I think unfortunately for me, this particular verse is one I have struggled with many times over the course of my life. How many times have I been discontented with for instance my living situation? Thinking to myself, we need a bigger house, better furniture, new carpet, fresh paint, or my latest "need" new dishes?? How many times have I robbed myself of joy and a closer walk with the Lord because I was focused on something I felt was so important? Or, how many times have I struggled and pressed and whined to my husband until I finally found a way to purchase what is was that was so necessary in my mind, only to get it and realize I STILL needed something else? Riches, no matter how minor, can be VERY deceitful...

I have always wanted to be a woman who welcomed people into my home with a welcoming heart where they might be able to feel that they were important and where they could relax and enjoy their time spent there. Where they could experience a spirit of loveliness and see my personality reflected in the decor and find rest for their souls...I've learned the hard way over the years that this isn't accomplished with the "perfect" home with beautiful furniture, the latest decorating trends, and everything forever in it's place, which often times left me too stressed and tired to even enjoy my company. But rather with a mind that was focused on Him, and His Word, and a heart full of love for those who enter...

Wilfred T. Grenfell said:

Real joy comes not from ease or riches
or from the praise of men, but from doing
something worthwhile...

So I will spend more time reading the Word, and relax and enjoy those around me, and reflect on the goodness of life....

No comments:

Post a Comment