WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Friday, July 31, 2009

EPHESIANS 4:14-15

bWe are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him...

God does not want us to remain spiritually immature...I have met few women over the years who were not (at least at one point or another), concerned about the fact that they were growing older. I have seen some women obsess over it to ridiculous proportions. Things begin to droop and sag, and wrinkles inevitably appear and they become almost frantic as they fight the aging process, having surgery after surgery and spending whatever amount of money they think might be necessary...But each season in life has so much to offer. Life truly becomes richer the more mature we become. We need to be just as anxious in our Christian walks not to remain like babes and little children, but to wean ourselves from spiritual milk and soft food, and to grow into a mature relationship with Him. We will never grow into the mature Christians we long (or should long) to be by being "Sunday Christians".. It takes diligent study of the Scriptures to become the meat-eaters of God's Word that a mature Christian ought to be. We must also be workers. Paul told Timothy in 2 Timothy 2:15, "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman...accurately handling the word of truth." We must roll up our sleeves and do the work ourselves instead of expecting our pastors or teachers to do it all for us. If we do not know the scriptures well for ourselves, it is easy to be lead astray by the false teachers and doctrine which abound today.

No comments:

Post a Comment