WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Friday, June 12, 2009

JOHN 15:5

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing...

I have always loved this verse, but it seems especially significant today as I have been dwelling on Phil 4:13 which says, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, this week as I am leaning on it for my diet issues...It is the verse I gave you too Dean to claim for your own...but as I was reading this morning I read this verse and noticed it says....He who ABIDES in Me, and I in him....meaning I need to FIRST ABIDE in Him, which means giving Him everything in me, really living for Him, THEN I will bear fruit, and do all things, as apart from Him I can truly do nothing...did I explain what I am thinking well enough?? In my own words it might say....Jesus is the true source of all life, and I am part of Him..If I truly live for Him, then He lives in Me and I in Him....this is how I will be successful in all I do, for I can do ALL things through Him, and apart from whom I am nothing...

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day...

No comments:

Post a Comment