WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

MATTHEW 7:24-27

Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock; and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand; and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.

I think in these illustrations that Jesus is talking about here, we are the "houses"...and when the storms of life come, and trouble is upon us, we will know if we have built our life firmly on Jesus, or if we did not. Nothing in this life is permanent or can be counted on not to crumble and fall apart. If we spend our lives seeking the worlds treasures and pleasures, and not after things of God, we will find ourselves empty spiritually when we need it most. Or certainly as we stand before God someday. And likewise of course, if we center our lives firmly on Him, He will be there for us when we truly need Him to be....and when we ultimately stand before Him someday, we can say we put our trust and faith in Jesus, which is the only thing that will save us...

I heard it taught somewhere once, can't remember where now, and I guess it doesn't matter, that if we go through our lives NEVER addressing or feeding our spiritual selves, our minds firmly centered on this world and what it has to offer and gain, that we can't expect to draw any comfort or strength from something that doesn't exist when we most need it. Kind of like a bank account...their is no savings if you have never made the deposit. And of likewise if we go through our lives not neglecting our spiritual needs and feed our spirits on the Word everyday and build a real relationship with the living God, then He is right there when we need Him, and we can draw strength and comfort from a wealth of scripture that He has given us....again, like a bank account....our "savings" is HUGE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment