WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

1 JOHN 2:15-17

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever....

I am sure that everyone reading this realizes that the "world" that this verse is referring to, is the world that is in opposition to God. Not the earth itself, or the people who dwell on it....But if we seek constantly and covetously after it's riches and material rewards, it is very easy for our hearts to be captured by all the world has to offer...and it is all consuming at times, and seldom enough..If we seek after the praise of men and desire to be important here, our hearts will be consumed and controlled after this quest....and it will ALL eventually pass away...either at the end, or with our own deaths....But everything that the God has to offer through Jesus Christ is for all eternity...so to live for Him, brings eternal and lasting rewards...so all we do here, should have that in mind, and should dominate our hearts....

No comments:

Post a Comment