WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

PROVERBS 3:1

My son, do not forget my law, But let your heart keep my commands; For length of days and long life and peace they will add to you....

I love to read the Proverbs...they are quick and easy and yet FULL of many Godly principles and truths that come with promises such as this one does....If we truly live by God's commands not only in what we do, but by what we harbor in our hearts, then we will lead not only long lives, but peaceful ones. I know it is easy to think that God gives us a list of commandments we must follow and they are difficult and cut into our pleasure and fun...but truthfully they really are there for our "OWN" benefit and protection...and by following them as best we can, we add only God's best to our lives..

No comments:

Post a Comment