WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Saturday, June 13, 2009

MATTHEW 6:31-34

Therefore do not worry, saying,"What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear?" For all these things the Gentiles seek. For your Heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble....

These verses are ones I have had to remind myself of and dwell on MANY MANY times over the course of my life...especially in the times we have all been living in recently when money is scarce and times are hard...But we do have to remind ourselves that the material things in our lives just can't ever be our "focus"...something we dwell on and seek after and have as THE most important thing...because if we do,we will find ourselves always "seeking" and chasing after it, and our hearts and spirits will be always be full or worry and greed, and we will find "life" passing us by, and the truly important things left unattended. We have to keep our minds and hearts focused on Him and live our lives as He would have us live them...If we do this, this verse promises He will take care of us, and our "needs" will be met. They may not be the things WE think we must have, but He will provide everything important we really need, and our hearts and minds will be full of His peace and joy.....Worrying about tomorrow is always a fruitless task, as it never produces anything but more worry...Each day at hand is all we every need to take care of....

No comments:

Post a Comment