WELCOME

.... to SCRIPTURES FOR EVERYDAY...This blog is really nothing more than a collection of scriptures that for one reason or another have spoken to my heart. The little explanation that follows each scripture is just that. "My" explanation and insight into what I feel the Lord is impressing upon me. I don't pretend to be any real scholar when it comes to the Bible and don't know if I am always necessarily completely accurate in my understandings. I am just a woman, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother, who loves the Lord with all of my heart, and without Whom I am really nothing at all. If anything I have written here helps or blesses you in any way at all, then I am happy to share. PLEASE feel free to leave your comments, insights, or feelings on here, and may we all grow closer to Him everyday....

Friday, August 14, 2009

PSALM 37:5

Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.

For the last several months now I have been examining my life and wondering if I could have or should have done more with it. I raised four children and was blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home mom. It was an all consuming, frequently over-whelming, and yet fulfilling and joy riddled job. My last child, and only daughter married a year ago and moved over a thousand miles away, leaving me not only finally with an empty nest, but plenty of time to ponder what the Lord might have for me now. Now don't get me wrong, I can fill my days with ease, and I can say quite truthfully that boredom is not the issue. I have considered many possibilities. Should I finally seek out employment somewhere, therefore not only helping out with our financial burden that has been firmly on my husbands shoulders all these years, but also fill my days with a busyness that will not only leave me tired at the end of the day, but no doubt broaden my world and introduce me to people who might become my friends? Or should I fill my day with the very familiar world of caring for my Grand kids while my son and his wife work to put food on their table? Goodness knows it is a much needed endeavor and one that I have always enjoyed and found fulfilling. Or maybe I could do something entirely different like write a scripture blog and share my life's experiences with other women, and somehow maybe help or bless someone with what the Lord has shown me as I traveled down the path of growing to this season in my life? All very real and yet very different options. I have prayed about this for a while now, and one thing is VERY clear to me right now. Whatever it is that I end up doing, I want the Lord to be at the very center of it. I want what I do with the rest of my life to count for Him. And that is not to say that my life up to this point has not, just that it was always filled with so many responsibilities and daily day to day necessities, that it seemed as though I had time for little else. Should I do what is seemingly needed most, or what my heart desires and seems to be telling me to do right now? Is it irresponsible to spend my time writing something that most likely is not being read by anyone at all? I guess I am still not sure of all the answers to this dilemma. But today's verse tells me very plainly what to do in the meantime. Everyday I will pray and commit my day to Him. I will be open to what and where He might lead me to, in order that I might best serve Him. If my day is commited to Him, and my trust is in Him, then I can know that He will bring to pass whatever it is He would have be do with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment